Friday, November 5, 2010

Get Ready for the Me Network

November has begun! Which means... it's my month! That's right, it's my birthday month and my favorite holiday month. Yes friends, in less than two weeks time I will be 28. Now, when I turned 27 I said that it was going to be a great year. I had me some good times and I, of course, did a lot of traveling. I also didn't work for about 8 months so that definitely goes in the "YAY" column. But there were things that went wrong too. First, I tried moving to Puerto Vallarta and it didn't work out for me. It was sad, yes, but a learning experience. Second? Well, let's just say that it was also a learning experience. What did I learn? That I don't care. In fact, I finished that lesson just recently.
So with that, I am enacting executive order number 123: The I don't give a f*** order.
My resolution for the next twelve months is plain and simple: I'm going to be selfish. I'm going to do what I want, when I want, and how I want.
Weren't you selfish before?
Um...no, but thanks for asking. Well, maybe I've always been a little selfish but I've always put others before myself. Well, you know what? That stops November 16th, at least for non-family members.
You seem a little upset.
That''s probably because I am! Don't get me wrong, I live a pretty privileged life and I have (knock on wood) my health. But that doesn't mean I don't have the right to be a little pissed especially since I've been a good person, I've followed all the rules, and was/is honest.
We are still going to have some good times. There will be travelling and I plan to spend an obscene amount of money. Some things are going to change for 2011, so hold on to your seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment