Monday, February 7, 2011

Places Please

Holy sh*t it's been a while since I blogged. Not that you are all missing out on anything fantastic, but still.
Btw, for all of you that are still wondering when that unfinished blog will see the light of day... it's a tricky one that one. We'll see.
So we left off on me being quite the optimist which is unlike me. Actually that's not true, I am optimistic about the fact that I'm right. So when I point to two people and say, "That's not gonna last" it's just true.
So far the transition from my mom's house to my new apartment has been smooth. By the time I move all of my stuff out of her house it will be time to put it all back in a box. I rented a very nice studio with room enough for one. Because I am one. An army of one :p
There was a small problem with getting the DVDs all in one spot (that didn't work) but I've got them organized and that's what counts. On the bad side, it may be impossible for me to buy any more movies unless I want to build a fort in my living room. The situation with the books is becoming a headache. I don't think there will be enough room for them, I may have to build myself a library or start bringing boxes into my office.
Random co-worker: "Why is there a copy of The Shining in here?"
Me: "Because all work and no play makes Susana a dull girl"
I almost used the shelves in my closet but there isn't enough room :( It's only a matter of time before I bump into something and break a toe. It's a work in process this apartment thing, but it's nice and comfy. Eventually there will also be food in it. Beware that if you plan on visiting you must call first because I'm never home and you must bring your own food. And some for me.
Work has been interesting. That's all I'm gonna say :)
As for school, this is my last semester before I get my certificate. I'm taking two classes and building my portfolio. The hard part has been adjusting my schedule. I'm one of those people that has to take a step back and put everything in order. That's why I haven't blogged. It's the job, and the move, and school, and the driving to California, and the other stuff that is taking time out of my life and getting me nowhere (ignore that last part, I'm just releasing a bit of tension).
BUT it looks like I've got it down. Unfortunately one of my New Year's resolutions will have to suffer for this hectic schedule. Yeah, it would be easy for me to scratch off the "Reverse the Curse" one but alas it is volunteer work that will suffer. I can't do it. Not the way I wanted to, which would've been a continuous thing every week. Not that they called me back anyway. I'm just saying if a person is willing to do something for free, you could call them back.
hmmm... yes, you can read that either way.
So that leaves us with four resolutions, three of which I have kept up in the six weeks of 2011. We all know the fourth one. It's not my fault! I haven't been walking with my eyes to the ground, I make a daily attempt to be sociable (with my co-workers) and I look both ways before driving out of the parking garage. OH! and the other day I took the light-rail and my iPod's battery died so I was totally available for conversation.
Wow, it feels like these walls are just falling down. Like dominoes lol
So here's a preview of what you'll read next time...
Work, school, the Oscars, and just to make it interesting I'm going to attempt to break out of a tank of water while wearing handcuffs in less than thirty seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment