Monday, February 28, 2011

Press 'Pause'

This week felt like I was being chased by ten guards and I was running and jumping across rooftops. I am now standing on the edge. There are three possible outcomes: 1) I will jump and break my neck; 2) I will jump, land safely, and keep going; or 3) the guards will get me.
Yes, I've been playing Assassin's Creed II. But still, that's how this week felt.
First up is work. I'm not going to complain about work because, quite frankly, I have nothing to complain about (slightly true story). I'm also not stupid.
Moving on.
School. I just realized that I'm taking three classes this semester. Why did I just realize this? Because one was a late start and the other is my Portfolio class so I only see my professor once a month. And yet, it is still a full-time gig. I'm continuing to write the first draft (first of many, according to my professor) of my novel. Now I have "Intro to Non-fiction" where I must, at the very least, write in my journal three times a week (blogging doesn't count); read from our textbook; and keep up with group discussions. Plus the, you know, writing pieces.
There is a big part of me that is loving this adrenaline. It's like being back in college. Okay, it is actually being back in college but you guys know what I mean. Living on my own, eating unhealthy food, staying up really late and crammed with schoolwork. Ah memories!
Did I mention that I'm also organizing my mom's 50th birthday party? For May? AND IT'S MARCH!
I still have six boxes of books to put away, so that means that when I have a free second I must go to Ikea or Home Depot or somewhere and buy more shelves. I also got it in my curious brain that it would be great to go on Ancestry.com and research my family tree. Plus, because I'm weird I have a bunch of financial statements to transfer into Quickbooks. This reminds me that it's tax season. That means I have to do my brother's taxes, my taxes, and I just remembered I haven't filed my mom's state taxes.
DID I MENTION IT'S MARCH?
Ah, and then there is the curse. Last year we took San Antonio's baby away and turned him on his head for nine days (the saint, not the baby). Their was a prayer and a candle involved and... whatever.  Because that didn't work (for any of us, cuz it's a family curse), this year we are turning to our friends from the East and lighting these red, heart-shaped candles. I was told to point them to the North and light them. They are working in an odd way. It's kind of frustrating actually. I'm starting to wonder if the top is supposed to be to the North or the poiny bottom. Either way, they are about to burn out and I will have to try to some sort of African dance next.
I'm not saying that I want to run away from my problems. NO! What kind of person just drops everything and runs away? Like, not literally, but gets in their car and drives off. I don't know anyone who would do that.
*crickets chirping*
Alls I'm saying is that I'd like to engage each of these guards on a one-on-one sort of deal, not have them chase me around like I'm some sort of criminal who belongs to a secret organization.
Hmmm... I may have to stop playing this game.
PS - I just added one more thing to the list: my iPods are not organized the way that I want them to be and there is cover art missing :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment